UK Ridgways Pure Camomile Tea bags68030
Ridgways was originally founded in 1836 when Thomas Ridgway opened his first tea shop in King William Street in London. He quickly became well regarded for scouring the world for unique and exquisite teas from the finest tea gardens and then blending these to perfection. The company developed such a strong reputation that aspiring tea blenders would even pay for the privilege to work and be trained at Ridgways. As such in 1886 Thomas Ridgway was requested to produce a tea for Queen Victoria's own personal use and indeed was later appointed as tea merchants to King George VI. Today the Ridgways tea company continues this tradition and so remains the choice of the true tea connoisseur.
- Camomile is perhaps the most famous of all tisanes, with a reputation as old as the Pyramids
- The name is derived from the Greek word for ground apple, a reference to the aroma and flavor of the flowers
- Heady aroma of sweet hay and a floral, honeyed flavor with hints of hot buttered toast and baked apples
- Drink hot or cold as a refreshing, caffeine free citrus brew that stimulates and satisfies the taste buds
- Best enjoyed without milk and perhaps with a little honey or brown sugar for extra sweetness